Installed Ubuntu (20.04)
Snit
2020-10-02 18:30:16 UTC
Well, finally got around to installing it Ubuntu 20.04. Did so in a VM
(Parallels). Have not done much with it but it certainly seems fairly quick
and doing my simple folder creation tasks I often do on new distros I ran into
nothing of concern (this suggests at least a decent level of care was taken in
the creation of the product, at least to me).

Anything I should be looking for with it?
--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Robert Colon
2020-10-02 18:48:15 UTC
Post by Snit
Well, finally got around to installing it Ubuntu 20.04. Did so in a VM
(Parallels). Have not done much with it but it certainly seems fairly quick
and doing my simple folder creation tasks I often do on new distros I ran into
nothing of concern (this suggests at least a decent level of care was taken in
the creation of the product, at least to me).
Just a warning that snit is attempting to set up a new circus ring
since his previous rings have been run out of town.
Don't fall for it because snit will turn this thread to shit in short
order.
He will be all smiles regarding Ubuntu and then slowly drop the hammer
on idiotic things he finds wrong with Ubuntu Linux. These "things" are
always related to how Linux does things differently than OSX so snit
will consider those differences as being defects in the UI which will
hinder his productivity.
He's run this same game 100's of times before, mostly in COLA but
other Linux groups as well.
Ignore the snit troll because he's dumber than bread.
Yea, a job.
Mike Easter
2020-10-02 19:17:38 UTC
Post by Robert Colon
He will be all smiles regarding Ubuntu and then slowly drop the hammer
on idiotic things he finds wrong with Ubuntu Linux. These "things" are
always related to how Linux does things differently than OSX so snit
will consider those differences as being defects in the UI which will
hinder his productivity.
I've been critical of Snit's evaluations of linux distro/s as you
describe above. Since his 'forte' is making vids about things, those
vids seem to be strong visual evidence of his POV.

The problem is that my observation in the past has been that he isn't
very good w/ linux because he doesn't use it on a regular basis which
tends to teach one how to work out their 'difficulties'. So, it is
being criticized by the inexperienced who can't make it be like his
favorite Mac.

Linux is not Mac. Mac has some heritage in linux, but it isn't linux.
Neither one are Win either.

Personally, I think a better way to experience linux would be to run it
'on the metal' of some 'secondary' hardware (but not so ancient to be
virtually worthless) as a live via USB if there's enough ram to be
'flexible' or installed such as a dual boot w/ whatever was there such
as an old Win if there isn't enough ram to be flexible.

While I don't have VM experience to have solid ground to criticize that
strategy, I can't imagine it being actually comparable to a live 'on its
own' as opposed to just being a client of something else which actually
'owns' the machine.
Mike Easter
Kelly Phillips
2020-10-02 19:41:45 UTC
Post by Mike Easter
Post by Robert Colon
[...]
Your imagination is letting you down. Running as a VM on a semi modern
system is much more satisfying than barely chugging along on a decade-old
bit of hardware.
Gremlin
2020-10-02 22:52:41 UTC
On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 12:17:38 -0700, Mike Easter
Post by Mike Easter
Post by Robert Colon
[...]
You might be surprised on the age of the hardware and the performance
one can still get from it. Things haven't sped up like they used to
in the same time frames as before.
I didn't *do* it, man, I only *said* it. --Lenny Bruce
Gremlin
2020-10-02 22:52:40 UTC
Post by Mike Easter
The problem is that my observation in the past has been that he
isn't very good w/ linux because he doesn't use it on a regular
basis which tends to teach one how to work out their
'difficulties'. So, it is being criticized by the inexperienced
who can't make it be like his favorite Mac.
Neither do you. So you aren't really in a position to make such
comments about others. Are you even running an installed distro yet,
or still going with live boot off usb? And why does the CLI scare you
so much? I love it myself. It's like superdos on steroids. What's not
to love? Did the CLI on various windows scare you too? Did the
original DOS CLI turn you off? If no to those questions, why are you
avoiding the linux ones so much? Too complicated for you?
Post by Mike Easter
Linux is not Mac. Mac has some heritage in linux, but it isn't
linux. Neither one are Win either.
Mac has no heritage in linux. UNIX and Linux aren't the same beastie.
Post by Mike Easter
Personally, I think a better way to experience linux would be to
run it 'on the metal' of some 'secondary' hardware (but not so
ancient to be virtually worthless) as a live via USB if there's
enough ram to be 'flexible' or installed such as a dual boot w/
whatever was there such as an old Win if there isn't enough ram to
be flexible.
For fucks sake, no. If you want to run linux, run it installed on
some hardware. Play around with it, learn! Linux is all about
teaching, IF YOU WANT TO LEARN. Grow a pair, install the fucking OS;
quit pussying out with live usb sticks. MxLinux is a rocking,
kickass, very stable distro. It comes with all kinds of goodies right
out of the box too; so you don't even need to learn much/anything and
you can be surfing the web, rocking out to your favorite music,
whatever in a very little amount of time. With the full benefits of
an INSTALLED os.

I've been using linux for years, Mike. It's great! My 3D printers are
cool with it, my electronics circuit simulators and board design
software all work fine with it. I have no complaints and no issues I
can't resolve on any of the distros I've used. I started with Linux
Mint KDE and when they dropped KDE, I went with MxLinux and never
looked back. I tried many, but MX has rocked my world. And that of
many of my clients. It's very stable. In a variety of environments.
Very stable. It's fantastic.

And it's easy as pie to copy my personal settings over to a fresh
install on another machine, anytime I like. MxLinux is everything for
me that Windows wishes it could be.
Post by Mike Easter
While I don't have VM experience to have solid ground to criticize
that strategy, I can't imagine it being actually comparable to a
live 'on its own' as opposed to just being a client of something
else which actually 'owns' the machine.
I do have extensive VM experience, and although it's great in many
cases, it is no substitute for having the real thing installed on
it's own real hardware, no.
Oxymoron: Sergeant Major.
Mike Easter
2020-10-02 23:35:39 UTC
Post by Gremlin
Mac has no heritage in linux. UNIX and Linux aren't the same beastie.
You are correct that Mac's old NeXTSTEP history involves Unix-derived
BSD as opposed to Gnu/linux; but the Gnu's-Not-Unix part of linux based
its development on patterning after Unix without including any Unix
code. Stallman's philosophy & early Gnu project tools; Torvalds'
kernel. Both Stallman and Torvalds alluded to their unix orientation in
naming. Mac & linux share posix-standards compliance, mac actually more
than linux.

I think most people tend to include many current BSD offspring as part
of the linux family or relatives, not necessarily Mac and some others
which have gone their own way.
Mike Easter
Gremlin
2020-10-03 19:42:48 UTC
Post by Mike Easter
Post by Gremlin
Mac has no heritage in linux. UNIX and Linux aren't the same
beastie.
You are correct that Mac's old NeXTSTEP history involves
Unix-derived BSD as opposed to Gnu/linux;
I think you'd find the majority of BSD people in disagreement comparing
it to Linux...Some of them take things far more seriously concerning
that than the windows never a mac crowd does.

I like Linux, but I know it's a soup of different technologies,
initially reverse engineered and created by a teenager at the time who
just wanted to play DVDs on his computer without hassle.
Post by Mike Easter
I think most people tend to include many current BSD offspring as
part of the linux family or relatives, not necessarily Mac and
some others which have gone their own way.
Jeeze, don't let the pooh hear you speak of such blasphemy. :) He does
not, unless I completely misunderstood him consider BSD to be even a
distant cousin of Linux. He considers Linux to be the bastard child of
them all.
Confucious say: America good place to start Chinese restaurant.
Gremlin
2020-10-02 22:52:39 UTC
Post by Robert Colon
Post by Snit
Well, finally got around to installing it Ubuntu 20.04. Did so in
a VM (Parallels). Have not done much with it but it certainly
seems fairly quick and doing my simple folder creation tasks I
often do on new distros I ran into nothing of concern (this
suggests at least a decent level of care was taken in the creation
of the product, at least to me).
Just a warning that snit is attempting to set up a new circus ring
since his previous rings have been run out of town.
Ayep. Not to worry though, this newsgroup does have a few suckers
who'll fall for it. Namely, Mike Easter. He knows very little about
linux, likes to dabble and share his 'opinions'; you'd be better off
Post by Robert Colon
Don't fall for it because snit will turn this thread to shit in
short order.
Maybe not. He's licking his wounds and trying to gather support for
the righteous arse stompings he's sustained previously while here.
Post by Robert Colon
Ignore the snit troll because he's dumber than bread.
That we can agree on.
Post by Robert Colon
Post by Snit
Anything I should be looking for with it?
Yea, a job.
Oh he works, on occasion - under the table, fucking peoples shit up,
and charging them excessive amounts for it. As he passes himself off
as something he clearly isn't. A computer technician. Like his friend
Joel who's wiping rigs and loading another distro to resolve simple
issues. I wouldn't let them near a childs computer, let alone an
important one for business. They clearly do not know wtf they are
doing when it comes to troubleshooting and succesfully repairing
anything.
Knowledge is convoluted conviction.
Snit
2020-10-03 04:49:46 UTC
Post by Gremlin
Post by Robert Colon
Post by Snit
Anything I should be looking for with it?
Yea, a job.
Oh he works, on occasion - under the table, fucking peoples shit up,
and charging them excessive amounts for it. As he passes himself off
as something he clearly isn't. A computer technician. Like his friend
Joel who's wiping rigs and loading another distro to resolve simple
issues. I wouldn't let them near a childs computer, let alone an
important one for business. They clearly do not know wtf they are
doing when it comes to troubleshooting and succesfully repairing
anything.
--
Knowledge is convoluted conviction.
Did you ever figure out that when you call people your number can show up in their phone provider's "Caller ID" records, contrary to your past claims?

Did you ever figure out that your number is tied to Johnson City, contrary to your past claims?

Did you ever figure out that your name is tied to your number in common public databases, contrary to your past claims?

Did you ever figure out that others cannot change your information in those databases just by asking those who run then to update them?

Did you ever figure out how grossly wrong so much of the information you use to dox me is?

Did you ever figure out how completely clueless about tech you have been? Seriously, there may be SOME areas where you have a clue... but you repeatedly show yourself to be a fraud.
Jack
2020-10-03 15:04:02 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
Post by Robert Colon
Post by Snit
[...]
I'm just an observer, but damn you're good! The whiny shithead needs to
be taught a lesson.

DOX the muther fucker!
Gremlin
2020-10-03 19:42:50 UTC
Jack <***@click.whe> news:rla3sm$1686$***@gioia.aioe.org Sat, 03
Oct 2020 15:04:02 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

[snip]
Post by Jack
I'm just an observer
You aren't even that.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!activity/alt.computer.workshop/RDpULgdWCQAJ
Post by Jack
but damn you're good!
You'd be the only person who thinks so.
The mass of mankind was not born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately, by the grace of God.
Jack
2020-10-04 15:33:15 UTC
Post by Gremlin
[snip]
I wasn't addressing you. You're an idiot.
Gremlin
2020-10-03 19:42:50 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
Oh he works, on occasion - under the table, fucking peoples shit
up, and charging them excessive amounts for it. As he passes
himself off as something he clearly isn't. A computer technician.
Like his friend Joel who's wiping rigs and loading another distro
to resolve simple issues. I wouldn't let them near a childs
computer, let alone an important one for business. They clearly
do not know wtf they are doing when it comes to troubleshooting
and succesfully repairing anything.
--
Knowledge is convoluted conviction.
Did you ever figure out that when you call people your number can
show up in their phone provider's "Caller ID" records, contrary to
your past claims?
You seem to have a serious problem with simple english, snit. I
didn't call you from a phone. I called you with a voIP system which
doesn't know anything about me, and thus, wasn't able to give you a
specific number. I provided you the number that you've claimed was
in your caller id records, but since I know what I used to call you,
I know you did some video editing. And i'm not the first person
you've pulled the same shit on. You've done this several times
before.
Post by Snit
Did you ever figure out that your name is tied to your number in
common public databases, contrary to your past claims?
You searched those databases previously and complained you couldn't
find my name or business name associated with it. It's not a daily
driver, so the only explanation I can provide is that I've responded
to one to many telemarketers and it's been associated that way. It's
not a big deal to me, though. it's just free advertising.
Post by Snit
Did you ever figure out that others cannot change your information
in those databases just by asking those who run then to update
them?
I didn't say anything about changing data, snit. You're putting
words in my mouth again. I have confirmed I can opt out of atleast
one and it doesn't really verify I am who I claim to be. I could be
anyone, posing as another person. I'm sure you already know that,
considering the effort you've taken to have yourself removed from a
pile of them.

How many of them do you have bookmarked for quick and easy
reference? I've only got a few, myself. lol.
Post by Snit
Did you ever figure out how grossly wrong so much of the
information you use to dox me is?
If you really thought the information here:
***@Trex:~/Personal Filez/Projects/StalkerSnit
$ ls -o
total 9556
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 265782 Sep 28 12:55 AlotaboutMichaelakaSnit.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 85963 Sep 25 14:13 Anne1.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 3637772 Sep 26 12:45 Annedetailsmore.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 9150 Sep 28 12:46 AnneGlasser.jpeg
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 2501559 Sep 28 12:48 'Anne Glasser more details.pdf'
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 82321 Sep 28 12:40 'Calissa Coffey1.png'
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 92993 Sep 28 12:42 'Cecil Coffey.png'
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 109306 Sep 25 14:25 location-3181_Willow_Dr_Prescott_Arizona_86301-09_25_2020.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 469100 Sep 10 19:20 michaelglasserhouse.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 18420 Jun 23 22:49 michaelglasser.jpg
-rwxr--r-- 1 Gremlin 168160 Sep 28 14:06 MichaelGlasser-maybe1.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 163390 Sep 5 12:21 Michael-Lee-Glasser-Prescott-AZ-2020-09-05.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 178271 Sep 28 12:39 person-Anita_Dean_TN-09_28_2020.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 317021 Sep 28 12:46 person-Anne_Glasser-09_28_2020.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 317017 Sep 25 14:13 person-Anne_Glasser_AZ-09_25_2020.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 159597 Sep 28 12:40 person-Calissa_Coffey_NC-09_28_2020.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 178895 Sep 28 12:37 person-Cecilia_Dean_TN-09_28_2020.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 161671 Sep 28 12:43 person-Jessica_Carney_TN-09_28_2020.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 371214 Sep 28 13:19 pics.7z
-rw-r--r-- 1 Gremlin 461179 Sep 10 19:25 snithouse1.png

was worthless, you wouldn't be threatening to try and dox my ssn if
I shared it. That's not going to do you any good though. The
information is still going to be shared, regardless. I'm not the
only one in possession of it. It was a group effort. And the
information I've shared isn't update; file wise. There's alot more
now. Most of Annes family tree that's still living. She seems to be
your weakness, so alot of focus was placed on her. Now, I disagreed
with that from the getgo, I said you didn't care about her, but some
others think you do. For the record, I still disagree. I think you
have no problem tossing her and those she's related to under the
bus. Infact, I'm counting on you doing that.

If you cared about her, you wouldn't have sold a nice car off for a
piece of shit and you wouldn't have kept a gift intended for her
from her. But, you being you, did those things. By nice car, I'm not
personally a fan of buick; even though it's made by GM which is one
of my favorite auto companies. I love their trucks and vans, but not
so much the cars...but, I'm biased, I'm not a car person.
Post by Snit
Did you ever figure out how completely clueless about tech you
have been?
I'm not you, so, I'm not clueless about tech. I've got certs, real
world published code, employers, etc which all backup what I've
written. You have nothing in response, and we both know it. You're a
mac loving end user who couldn't even fix the machine if it didn't
power on when you pressed the button. I could, and I don't even use
macs. I don't need to use them to fix them though, hardware is
hardware. And it all works the same, regardless of who's company
name is stamped on it. or silkscreened onto the board(s). It's still
the same underlying principles. It's not magic.

Oh, and btw, I found something interesting that's creative commons
now concerning the BBS scene:
http://www.bbsdocumentary.com/

The entire documentary, 3 dvds!!!!Some of the boards featured, you
asswipe, I WAS A CO-SYSOP OF. <G> That's a part of computing history
I was and still am proud to have been a part of. Very proud!

It's free to download! All three dvd images. 25gigs, but well worth
doing if you want to learn something about the history of the
machine in front of you and how things are today. I was part of that
scene, I'm still friends with others from that scene. Nowhere is
your 'bbs' you wrote about mentioned, because as I told you, it
WASN'T one.

That's the world I come from, snit. We are from very different walks
of life. Very different. I strongly encourage you to atleast
checkout the following link and watch all 8 little episodes. You
might learn something about the way in which I think, about myself,
about others like me. You might even learn something about yourself.

Youtube hosted shortcuts:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7nj3G6Jpv2G6Gp6NvN1kUtQuW8QshBWE

Along with this (I was in this, from the beginning, I'm quite
familiar with arc file format, lzh, zoo, etc. Including some others
you've probably never heard of that were popular with amiga systems)

And here's the all time actual BBS software list:
(It's not complete, but it's very close)

http://software.bbsdocumentary.com/

And I owe you an apology:

http://software.bbsdocumentary.com/APPLE/MACINTOSH/FIRSTCLASS/

APPLE: MACINTOSH: FIRSTCLASS
Author: SoftArc
Additional Notes:

Karl Eisenhower writes "First Class: First Class was the first GUI
BBS software that approached the refinement of AOL. Unlike clunky
software that relied on the RIP protocol (like Excalibur), First
Class had a full-blown graphical client that looked clean and
functioned smoothly. It started out as a Macintosh-only product in
1993 or 1994, but soon added a Windows client. I don't think they
ever made a non-Mac server, though. The software was developed by a
Toronto-based company whose name escapes me at the moment." "The
software worked so well that a startup in Springfield, Virginia
called "DigitalNation" hoped to use it to build an AOL competitor,
and until the Web took hold, they seemed to be building a
significant customer base for their First Class-based online
service/community. DigitalNation morphed into a Web hosting outfit
that is now part of NTT/Verio. My guess is that if you talk to the
"dedicated hosting" group at NTT/Verio, you'll be able to track down
the principals of DigitalNation to find out more about their
business."
Post by Snit
Seriously, there may be SOME areas where you have a
clue.
Stop trying to patronize me, script kiddie. Btw, Gremlin is the
handle I used in the BBS days, too. For distancing reasons, I
primarily used the handle Raid when I went 'on the net' because had
I wrote the code I did and signed it under Gremlin, people would
figure out who I was was in real life and shut me down long before I
was ready.

I realize the state of Maine is small, and the board scene wasn't
like the internet is, but I wasn't stupid. I knew some of my peers
from there were getting online around the same time as myself, and
they'd recognize that handle. And from there, they might recognize
the coding style. I know for a fact some avers kept my non viral
work, like LAB and later on, were able to directly tie it to me. A
certain.. Martin overton comes to mind with that...I had no idea
avers were keeping samples like that, but, they were.
Post by Snit
but you repeatedly show yourself to be a fraud.
You can call me a fraud all you want, inferior one, it doesn't make
it so. It's never going to be the case, because i've *never* been a
fraud.
Create instant designer stubble by sucking a magnet and dipping your chin in a bowl of iron fillings.
Mike Easter
2020-10-02 18:58:01 UTC
Post by Snit
Well, finally got around to installing it Ubuntu 20.04. Did so in a VM
(Parallels). Have not done much with it but it certainly seems fairly quick
and doing my simple folder creation tasks I often do on new distros I ran into
nothing of concern (this suggests at least a decent level of care was taken in
the creation of the product, at least to me).
Anything I should be looking for with it?
I'm a big fan of evaluating a 'number' of distro/s. Sometimes that
might seem daunting because there are hundreds, but I don't actually
look at hundreds.

I'm not a big fan of Gnome, which is the DE desktop environment of
Ubuntu; but gnome is very strong 'in the community' as it is the default
or flagship DE of the big players such as RedHat and Canonical for
enterprise and how that also affects the ordinary user.

I would encourage (also) a look at a derivative of Ubuntu which is Mint
and which Mint has chosen to restrict its DE options to 3, XFCE,
Cinnamon, and Mate, of which Cinnamon is its flagship.

Cinnamon and Mate had their forking origins when some such as Mint
didn't like where Gnome was going when it was evolving its toolkits from
gtk2 to gtk3.

I like Ub's Mate DE better than its flagship Gnome. My current everyday
driver is Mint Cinnamon.

Years ago, there was a significant divide between the major DE players
Gnome and KDE, which KDE is based on Qt toolkits and Gnome (and others)
based on Gtk toolkits. During those years since, I've gravitated toward
the 'gtk family' of DEs, but recently I've developed a taste for how KDE
does things.

There are a number of different ways to check out KDE stuff. Personally
I think I like KDE Neon, which is a Ubuntu and 'comparable' to one of
the Ub flavors, Kubuntu.

Another distro which has gained significant popularity by one metric,
which is the number of pagehits at DistroWatch, Manjaro which is based
on Arch. Arch the parent is not especially friendly to the
inexperienced, but Manjaro/Mjo is. Mjo is a little paradoxical about
its DE flagship situation, as its flagship is XFCE, but the majority of
Mjo users prefer its KDE.

And none of the above has even mentioned MX Linux, based on Debian,
which flagship DE is XFCE.

Some people judge a distro by how well it lends itself to tweaking its
desktop to personal UI tastes. I don't usually involve myself w/ that,
preferring to consider how the dev/s of the distro have set it up.
Mike Easter
Snit
2020-10-03 02:18:16 UTC
Post by Mike Easter
Post by Snit
Well, finally got around to installing it Ubuntu 20.04. Did so in a VM
(Parallels). Have not done much with it but it certainly seems fairly quick
and doing my simple folder creation tasks I often do on new distros I ran into
nothing of concern (this suggests at least a decent level of care was taken in
the creation of the product, at least to me).
Anything I should be looking for with it?
I'm a big fan of evaluating a 'number' of distro/s. Sometimes that
might seem daunting because there are hundreds, but I don't actually
look at hundreds.
I used to distro hop a lot and just play. When I used to run schools I stuck
to Ubuntu which I knew and trusted for the school computers, but at home I
played.
Post by Mike Easter
I'm not a big fan of Gnome, which is the DE desktop environment of
Ubuntu; but gnome is very strong 'in the community' as it is the default
or flagship DE of the big players such as RedHat and Canonical for
enterprise and how that also affects the ordinary user.
I prefer the Gnome-based distros to KDE... but my top distro these days is
Mint Cinnamon. But do not use Linux much these days.
Post by Mike Easter
I would encourage (also) a look at a derivative of Ubuntu which is Mint
and which Mint has chosen to restrict its DE options to 3, XFCE,
Cinnamon, and Mate, of which Cinnamon is its flagship.
Yup. Cinnamon is my preferred... though XFCE is good for older hardware.
Post by Mike Easter
Cinnamon and Mate had their forking origins when some such as Mint
didn't like where Gnome was going when it was evolving its toolkits from
gtk2 to gtk3.
I like Ub's Mate DE better than its flagship Gnome. My current everyday
driver is Mint Cinnamon.
When I use Linux that is my preference.
Post by Mike Easter
Years ago, there was a significant divide between the major DE players
Gnome and KDE, which KDE is based on Qt toolkits and Gnome (and others)
based on Gtk toolkits. During those years since, I've gravitated toward
the 'gtk family' of DEs, but recently I've developed a taste for how KDE
does things.
I don't like KDE at all, but have not used it in some time. It could have
changed a lot.
Post by Mike Easter
There are a number of different ways to check out KDE stuff. Personally
I think I like KDE Neon, which is a Ubuntu and 'comparable' to one of
the Ub flavors, Kubuntu.
Another distro which has gained significant popularity by one metric,
which is the number of pagehits at DistroWatch, Manjaro which is based
on Arch. Arch the parent is not especially friendly to the
inexperienced, but Manjaro/Mjo is. Mjo is a little paradoxical about
its DE flagship situation, as its flagship is XFCE, but the majority of
Mjo users prefer its KDE.
And none of the above has even mentioned MX Linux, based on Debian,
which flagship DE is XFCE.
Some people judge a distro by how well it lends itself to tweaking its
desktop to personal UI tastes. I don't usually involve myself w/ that,
preferring to consider how the dev/s of the distro have set it up.
I like to make my own modifications to macOS, but tend to not change Linux
much. Sorta backward when you think of it. :)

But with macOS I add my own clipboard manager, system services to add scripts
to the Finder and the Safari, etc.

Gremlin
2020-10-03 19:42:51 UTC
Post by Snit
I used to distro hop a lot and just play. When I used to run
schools I stuck to Ubuntu which I knew and trusted for the school
computers, but at home I played.
I've never been a fan.
Post by Snit
Post by Mike Easter
I'm not a big fan of Gnome, which is the DE desktop environment
of Ubuntu; but gnome is very strong 'in the community' as it is
the default or flagship DE of the big players such as RedHat and
Canonical for enterprise and how that also affects the ordinary
user.
I prefer the Gnome-based distros to KDE... but my top distro these
days is Mint Cinnamon. But do not use Linux much these days.
I like KDE. It's feature rich.
Post by Snit
Post by Mike Easter
I would encourage (also) a look at a derivative of Ubuntu which
is Mint and which Mint has chosen to restrict its DE options to
3, XFCE, Cinnamon, and Mate, of which Cinnamon is its flagship.
Yup. Cinnamon is my preferred... though XFCE is good for older
hardware.
XFCE is good for older and newer hardware. Works fine.
Post by Snit
I like to make my own modifications to macOS, but tend to not
change Linux much. Sorta backward when you think of it. :)
Linux doesn't stop you from making modifications. There's nothing on
either of the distros I use that are locked out or otherwise
unavailable to me.
--
To be happy living in this world, there are sides of the soul one
must entirely paralyze.
Steve Carroll
Ask Snit how he 'helped' the KDE dev team.
Gremlin
2020-10-11 13:12:10 UTC
Steve Carroll <"Steve Carroll"@noSPAM.none> news:rlfjpu$t0d$2
@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org Mon, 05 Oct 2020 17:06:06 GMT in
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Snit
Post by Mike Easter
I'm not a big fan of Gnome, which is the DE desktop environment
of Ubuntu; but gnome is very strong 'in the community' as it is
the default or flagship DE of the big players such as RedHat and
Canonical for enterprise and how that also affects the ordinary
user.
I prefer the Gnome-based distros to KDE... but my top distro these
days is Mint Cinnamon. But do not use Linux much these days.
I like KDE. It's feature rich.
Ask Snit how he 'helped' the KDE dev team.
ROFL. Fuck.. that was a perfectly good and fresh Dew...
Prepare for the future -- read science fiction.
Snit
2020-10-11 18:08:31 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Snit
Post by Mike Easter
I'm not a big fan of Gnome, which is the DE desktop environment
of Ubuntu; but gnome is very strong 'in the community' as it is
the default or flagship DE of the big players such as RedHat and
Canonical for enterprise and how that also affects the ordinary
user.
I prefer the Gnome-based distros to KDE... but my top distro these
days is Mint Cinnamon. But do not use Linux much these days.
I like KDE. It's feature rich.
Ask Snit how he 'helped' the KDE dev team.
ROFL. Fuck.. that was a perfectly good and fresh Dew...
Where are your bug reports to KDE? I would like to see them. Really to an
open source project.

Or... oh... you likely have never sent any in. Whatever.

Gremlin
2020-10-11 22:32:46 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
Ask Snit how he 'helped' the KDE dev team.
ROFL. Fuck.. that was a perfectly good and fresh Dew...
Where are your bug reports to KDE?
filed. rofl. So, how did you help the dev team, anyhow?
Post by Snit
I would like to see them.
Muahahaha
Post by Snit
Really to any open source project.
I've written bug reports to several, more importantly, I submitted
code which fixed the bug I was complaining about. In a couple of
cases, it was implemented, in others, it wasn't; but the bug was
eventually fixed.
Post by Snit
Or... oh... you likely have never sent any in. Whatever.
Wrong again, poseur.
'Jesus loves you... everyone else thinks you're an asshole.'
Snit
2020-10-12 03:55:41 UTC
On Oct 11, 2020 at 3:32:46 PM MST, "Gremlin" wrot
Post by Gremlin
Post by Steve Carroll
Ask Snit how he 'helped' the KDE dev team.
ROFL. Fuck.. that was a perfectly good and fresh Dew...
Where are your bug reports to KDE?
filed. rofl. So, how did you help the dev team, anyhow?
More directly you could have asked what I meant by "bug reports". A bug repor
is a way of letting the development team know of bugs in their software and
more broadly, it also often includes suggestions for improvements.
Post by Gremlin
Post by Snit
I would like to see them.
Muahahaha
Post by Snit
Really to any open source project.
I've written bug reports to several, more importantly, I submitted
code which fixed the bug I was complaining about. In a couple of
cases, it was implemented, in others, it wasn't; but the bug was
eventually fixed.
Given how you so often lie and show yourself to be a fraud in areas of tech,
would like to see support of this. I doubt you will provide it. But maybe yo
have -- as much of a fraud as you are, and you clearly are -- you do have som
areas of tech knowledge.

Gremlin
2020-10-17 03:30:25 UTC
Snit <***@gallopinginsanity.com> news:1tQgH.17891$***@fx22.iad Mon, 12 Oct 2020 03:55:41 GMT in

Post by Snit
More directly you could have asked what I meant by "bug reports".
A bug report is a way of letting the development team know of bugs
in their software and, more broadly, it also often includes
suggestions for improvements.
Oh, I know what a bug report is. You forget, I supported a program
entirely on my own from scratch for three years myself. Since It went
all the way to v2.3, I got my share of bug reports. rofl. v2.2c was
the last public release, but v2.3 does exist. heh.

I read the thread where you complained about several issues.

<https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=332452>

Short of watching your video, it's not possible to tell if you were
experiencing a problem with Dolphin (that's the file manager) or KDE
itself (that's the DE). They aren't the same creature. When various
people asked what method you used to duplicate the issues your video
showed, you couldn't break it down using text. WTF dude? seriously?
it's too hard to say by pressing f10 it does this, or by right
clicking, create file/folder it does that? Or that it works fine
everytime from CLI, but Dolphin doesn't always see the changes
without a refresh? or, maybe you loaded another file manager and it's
doing the same thing?

You provided NOTHING HELPFUL to track down any bug, snit.

You couldn't even answer any questions they asked you. And you
couldn't put the bug report into words. So, your bug report was
useless for all intents and purposes. I mean, c'mon, you couldn't
even be arsed to specific if it was happening with Dolphin, or the
CLU, or both, or if it was a problem with Dolphin, with KDE, or
something else.

As a developer, I would have dismissed your worthless bug report the
moment I discovered who you were, too. Which is I believe what they
opted to do.
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
I've written bug reports to several, more importantly, I
submitted code which fixed the bug I was complaining about. In a
couple of cases, it was implemented, in others, it wasn't; but
the bug was eventually fixed.
Given how you so often lie and show yourself to be a fraud in
areas of tech
ROFL, give it up dude, that sham of yours is never going to stick to
me. It's complete bullshit, and everyone knows it. Even my
detractors. rofl!
Post by Snit
I would like to see support of this.
I didn't submit videos, Instead, I submitted text detailing the issue
and how to replicate the problem I was experiencing. In some cases, I
also provided code which should correct the issue if implemented.

It's all above your head; going by our interactions here.
Post by Snit
But maybe you have -- as much of a fraud as you
are, and you clearly are -- you do have some areas of tech
knowledge.
Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. rofl.
--
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don't have as many
people who believe it. --George Carlin
Snit
2020-10-17 04:00:13 UTC
Post by Gremlin
[snip]
Post by Snit
More directly you could have asked what I meant by "bug reports".
A bug report is a way of letting the development team know of bugs
in their software and, more broadly, it also often includes
suggestions for improvements.
Oh, I know what a bug report is.
Now. Sure. But read up the thread where you showed no sign of knowing.
Given how much of a fraud you are there is no way to know, with what we see
here, what you did or did not know.

And you never showed you submitted any.
Post by Gremlin
I read the thread where you complained about several issues.
<https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=332452>
Short of watching your video, it's not possible to tell if you were
experiencing a problem with Dolphin (that's the file manager) or KDE
itself (that's the DE).
Watch the video.
Post by Gremlin
You provided NOTHING HELPFUL to track down any bug, snit.
I provided far more than you. But you are a fraud.
Post by Gremlin
As a developer,
You assume you could be one.

Post by Gremlin
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
submitted code which fixed the bug I was complaining about. In a
couple of cases, it was implemented, in others, it wasn't; but
the bug was eventually fixed.
Given how you so often lie and show yourself to be a fraud in
areas of tech
ROFL, give it up dude, that sham of yours is never going to stick to
me. It's complete bullshit, and everyone knows it. Even my
detractors. rofl!
And your list of KDE bug reports is still: nothing.

Good chance you have none.
Post by Gremlin
Post by Snit
I would like to see support of this.
I didn't submit videos, Instead, I submitted text detailing the issue
and how to replicate the problem I was experiencing.
So you claim. But you also lie about tech nonstop. Maybe you have. Maybe
not. Whatever.
Post by Gremlin
In some cases, I
also provided code which should correct the issue if implemented.
But you have no examples. Curious.
Post by Gremlin
It's all above your head; going by our interactions here.
I get you are a fraud. You keep proving that.
Post by Gremlin
Post by Snit
But maybe you have -- as much of a fraud as you
are, and you clearly are -- you do have some areas of tech
knowledge.
Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. rofl.
You are the one who keeps proving it.

And I just laugh at how you freak out over it.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Gremlin
2020-10-17 06:11:59 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
[snip]
Post by Snit
More directly you could have asked what I meant by "bug
reports". A bug report is a way of letting the development team
know of bugs in their software and, more broadly, it also often
includes suggestions for improvements.
Oh, I know what a bug report is.
Now. Sure.
You're writing more shit. It's hillarious.
Post by Snit
But read up the thread where you showed no sign of
knowing.
Cite MID where this is the case.
Post by Snit
Given how much of a fraud you are there is no way to
know, with what we see here, what you did or did not know.
Yes there is, BugHunter's existance is common knowledge. It's no
secret I wrote it, from scratch and supported it for three years.
Post by Snit
And you never showed you submitted any.
I didn't specify who I submitted bug reports to, what forum, or
anything else. You're making asshole level assumptions here.
Post by Snit
Watch the video.
I did. You don't seem to know what you're doing.
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
You provided NOTHING HELPFUL to track down any bug, snit.
I provided far more than you. But you are a fraud.
No, you didn't. You wasted their time. And anyone who reads the
thread will reach the same conclusion as myself, and those who
participated in the thread.
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
As a developer,
You assume you could be one.
I make no assumptions. I am one. Irok is one of many programs I
developed. Btw, why did you confuse irok for being a trojan? Was the
technical description just too much for you? rofl
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
ROFL, give it up dude, that sham of yours is never going to stick
to me. It's complete bullshit, and everyone knows it. Even my
detractors. rofl!
And your list of KDE bug reports is still: nothing.
I said nothing about filing any KDE bug reports. I wasn't that
specific, mr tries to put words in my mouth. rofl.
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
I didn't submit videos, Instead, I submitted text detailing the
issue and how to replicate the problem I was experiencing.
So you claim.
It's what I did. It's the preferred method most of the time.
Post by Snit
But you also lie about tech nonstop.
That's just another lie you've been trying hard to pass off as the
truth, because I'm so far above you on technical knowledge and
skill, you get sick to your stomache everytime you see a new post
from me.
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
In some cases, I
also provided code which should correct the issue if implemented.
But you have no examples. Curious.
I didn't say that.
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
It's all above your head; going by our interactions here.
I get you are a fraud. You keep proving that.
If that's what your getting from this, you're only proving my point.
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. rofl.
You are the one who keeps proving it.
You're high as a kite eh?
Post by Snit
And I just laugh at how you freak out over it.
freak out. Oh yes, that's documented in method #20 of your lies.
rofl. you have a complete list of how you like to lie about people.
That would be sad if it wasn't so damn funny and so easy to find:

<https://web.archive.org/web/20181028000459/http://www.cosmicpenguin.com/snit.html>
<https://web.archive.org/web/20190529043314/http://cosmicpenguin.com/snitlist.html>
<https://web.archive.org/web/20190529062255/http://cosmicpenguin.com/snitLieMethods.html>

You actually have urls dedicated to describing you, how you act, and
what a person can expect if they make the critical error of engaging
with you. That's *not* normal, dude. It's not normal to have 168+
people quoted concerning you, not a single one writing a kind word
about you, either. I just thought I had some enemies, but, holy
shit, nothing in comparison to what you've got there.

I don't think I could find twenty people who'd write something nasty
about me that I could reference. I'm not even sure I could find ten.
That's pretty bad, considering some of my past.

Certainly not 168 people or more, wishing me nothing kind. As is the
case with you, Snit.
A harp is a nude piano.
Snit
2020-10-17 06:38:03 UTC
On Oct 16, 2020 at 11:11:59 PM MST, "Gremlin" wrot
Post by Gremlin
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
[snip]
Post by Snit
More directly you could have asked what I meant by "bug
reports". A bug report is a way of letting the development team
know of bugs in their software and, more broadly, it also often
includes suggestions for improvements.
Oh, I know what a bug report is.
Now. Sure.
You're writing more shit. It's hillarious.
So you DON'T currently know. Oh.

But you do. I told you. But when I first spoke of them you asked me what
even meant.

Of course, you play stupid as a part of your trolling act, so maybe yo
already knew.

But either way you have again proved yourself a liar and a fraud.

Gremlin
2020-10-17 08:13:53 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
[snip]
Post by Snit
More directly you could have asked what I meant by "bug
reports". A bug report is a way of letting the development
team know of bugs in their software and, more broadly, it
also often includes suggestions for improvements.
Oh, I know what a bug report is.
Now. Sure.
You're writing more shit. It's hillarious.
So you DON'T currently know. Oh.
But you do. I told you. But when I first spoke of them you asked
me what I even meant.
Are you seriously trying to claim that I learned recently, thanks to
you, how to encrypt an archived file? Really? Dude, stop mixing
alcohol with your prescription medication. You are experiencing the
side effects.
Post by Snit
Of course, you play stupid as a part of your trolling act, so
maybe you already knew.
I'm not trolling you, shit for brains.
Never say, 'Oops!'; always say, 'Ah, interesting!'
David_B
2020-10-17 11:59:28 UTC
Post by Gremlin
I'm not trolling you, shit for brains.
It was good to read that "Jim Vandamme" agreed with Snit! :-)

(See comments under his video)

At least HE is a known entity! :-D

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jim-vandamme-594bb9140/
Gremlin
2020-10-24 03:42:07 UTC
David_B <***@nomail.afraid.org> news:B0BiH.517465$im1.459995
@fx18.ams1 Sat, 17 Oct 2020 11:59:28 GMT in alt.computer.workshop,
Post by David_B
Post by Gremlin
I'm not trolling you, shit for brains.
It was good to read that "Jim Vandamme" agreed with Snit! :-)
What are you going on about David?
Always draw your curves, *then* plot the data.
Snit
2020-10-17 13:39:13 UTC
Post by Gremlin
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
Post by Snit
Post by Gremlin
[snip]
Post by Snit
More directly you could have asked what I meant by "bug
reports". A bug report is a way of letting the development
team know of bugs in their software and, more broadly, it
also often includes suggestions for improvements.
Oh, I know what a bug report is.
Now. Sure.
You're writing more shit. It's hillarious.
So you DON'T currently know. Oh.
But you do. I told you. But when I first spoke of them you asked
me what I even meant.
Are you seriously trying to claim that I learned recently, thanks to
you, how to encrypt an archived file?
One need not encrypt ANYTHING to file a bug report.

Again you prove yourself a fraud.
Post by Gremlin
I'm not trolling you, shit for brains.
Ah, you whines when I called you something other than your posting names.
Here you prove yourself a hypocrite.

And of course you are trolling me. You freaked out when I noted how badly
you proved yourself a fraud over your phone claims. You are still freaking
out.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Steve Carroll
2020-10-12 17:20:17 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Snit
Post by Mike Easter
I'm not a big fan of Gnome, which is the DE desktop environment
of Ubuntu; but gnome is very strong 'in the community' as it is
the default or flagship DE of the big players such as RedHat and
Canonical for enterprise and how that also affects the ordinary
user.
I prefer the Gnome-based distros to KDE... but my top distro these
days is Mint Cinnamon. But do not use Linux much these days.
I like KDE. It's feature rich.
Ask Snit how he 'helped' the KDE dev team.
ROFL. Fuck.. that was a perfectly good and fresh Dew...
Here's a fun one:

<https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=332452>

My favorite part happens in Comment 12 ;)
pothead
2020-10-12 18:56:30 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Snit
Post by Mike Easter
I'm not a big fan of Gnome, which is the DE desktop environment
of Ubuntu; but gnome is very strong 'in the community' as it is
the default or flagship DE of the big players such as RedHat and
Canonical for enterprise and how that also affects the ordinary
user.
I prefer the Gnome-based distros to KDE... but my top distro these
days is Mint Cinnamon. But do not use Linux much these days.
I like KDE. It's feature rich.
Ask Snit how he 'helped' the KDE dev team.
ROFL. Fuck.. that was a perfectly good and fresh Dew...
<https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=332452>
My favorite part happens in Comment 12 ;)
Further proof that everywhere the snit circus lands turns into one
massive troll fest.

It's difficult to envision how someone can turn a legitimate bug
reporting site into chaos but the proof is there and of course
snit, once again, is behind it.

And for those who believe the snit lists are fiction, one quick
view of the link SC posted shows snit behaving exactly like
he is described in those lists.
It's undeniable.
--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2020
Dave
2020-10-12 22:58:31 UTC
In article <rm28st$hdp$***@dont-email.me>, ***@snakebite.com
says...
Post by pothead
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Snit
Post by Mike Easter
[...]
That is a very funny read. Do you have any other examples of
snit bug reports where snit ends up being the bug?
Steve Carroll
I only have that one because someone in COLA linked to it in a post.
Dave
2020-10-13 14:56:52 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Dave
says...
Post by pothead
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Snit
Post by Mike Easter
[...]
Ok. Thank you for posting the link. Someone who is keeping the
snit lists should add this one as well because it's outside of
usenet and goes to show the methods snit uses to create
disruption. It's almost like a cookbook example in fact.
Have a nice day.
Steve Carroll
2020-10-14 18:03:34 UTC
Post by Dave
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Dave
says...
Post by pothead
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Snit
Post by Mike Easter
[...]
That I'm aware of, the only person for whom it could rightfully be said
'kept the list' was the guy who owned the 'cosmicpenguin.com' domain.
The webpage is now only available on the WB machine:

<https://web.archive.org/web/20190529043314/http://www.cosmicpenguin.com/snitlist.html>

But he isn't the person who worked on the list, at least, not that I
ever saw. A poster calling himself 'High Plains Thumper' did the link
references IIRC and adding of quotes. Note that the latest entry is from
Jun 20 2012, over 8 years ago, so it's far from complete, in fact, it
wasn't even back in 2012. Also note that the list contains only one
entry per person. Were this not the case and all the entries from every
person were used, it'd fill a very large volume (think of a large city's
phonebook regarding thickness, I'm not joking). Undoubtedly, some of the
people are duplicates via socks but it'd still fill many pages were they
removed. The list doesn't even contain the funniest entries IMO but
there are some gems. In case the WB manages to 'lose' it...

(I wonder how long the GG links will remain working?)

1- Adam Kesher: "Steve, IIRC Sandman's website has a member
area and a login. If you forget your password, you can ask it
to e-mail it to you, and a bot will send an e-mail. *That*
is the e-mail Snit got from Sandman's website, and yes he's
that fucked in the head and starved for attention that he'd
claim it to be an e-mail from Sandman himself. So, don't get
sucked into his little circus. The e-mail, in this particular
instance, did probably originate from Sandman.net." 27 Feb 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/dac74355552b4cc7

2- Alan Baker: "People's perceptions of you are *formed*
by behaviour and not withstanding your occasional on topic
posts, I wish you'd leave too. Please note that despite the
amazing silliness that is Edwin, I have never made the same
wish of him." 27 Feb 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/4a7c3ebf3fc10221

3- amicus_curious (COLA): "Where on earth do you get the
idea that I am arguing with you, little man? Is your name
"Hadron"? Shoo! Go back to your mail order business!"

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/00ee203fe6183b1b

4- Andrew J. Brehm: "You are not flamed because you speak the
truth, you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep
disrupting the newsgroup." 27 Feb 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/52eab53a559e00ce

5- AZ Nomad: "The fact that you routinely change your headers
to weasel out of killfiles proves that you're an asshole."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/51b43d6c9613c9da

6- Andy/news/nospam: "Why do you keep these things up, Snit? Why
not just let them go away and show how responsible a member
of CSMA you are? You could show your enemies up by being
better than them, rise above the low level you so obviously
dislike. Anything, just stop...." 26 Apr 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d6ffb6b06aa237e5

7- B.B.: "Does the From: header contain the string "Snit"? If
yes, then troll. Otherwise, maybe. Dunno why I had my KF on
you set to expire, but it's fixed now." 13 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/8a98d179b2ff9578

8- BaJoRi: "You know it, and I know it, and everyone else who
has read your idiocy knows it. I took your statement, showed
it to be wrong, then added even more, just to be a dick and
REALLY show you to be a fool. You need to judiciously snip
out pertinent points because you are an intellectually dwarfed
turd-burglar." 11 Nov 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.vacation.las-vegas/msg/647944511b74b82f

9- bobinnv: "I learned some time ago how much better this
group can be if you kill file Snit. I have never understood
why more people don't do the same.." 5 Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/0706dbef8ce1f903

10- Bob B.: "This has always been pretty much a free-for-all
group, but since Snit showed up, its become almost impossible
to have a decent discussion about anything. The solution is
to NOT REPLY TO SNIT. But for some reason, some people just
can't stop feeding him." 27 Dec 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3d2f1dff196ca190

11- bunny: Subject "snit makes me sad", Text "really actually
=3D:-( 9 Oct 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/4e31cb49c1e2d432

12- Brian: "LOL, Has anyone ever been more universally hated on
the USENET than Snit? Too bad he craves the hatred and negative
attention. We will read about him in the news some day soon
going on a shooting rampage. Somebody should get the pychopath
some help before he VT's a bunch of people. 29 May 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/66a89e4f5c89f489

13- buzz off: "Snit is obviously mentally ill, but you and
Steve don't help. You encourage him to post, which he doesn't
need to do. We would all be better off if you just ignore him.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/2ed879f256677548

14- Carlo Coggi: "He must believe he is surrounded by 'trolls'
... in the groups he trolls in, that is. I wondered if the
idiotrollers like snit would reply to this thread. Of course, I
didn't see his posts, only your reply". 07 Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5ea48f7a84115fd1

15- C Lund: "Snit is not my responsibility. Maybe it's time
for you to learn how to use your kill-filter. I am assuming, of
course, that your Usenet browser has a kill-filter." 5 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/2c390a34b05b24a9

16- cc (COLA): "You are incapable of letting anything go. In
fact, I guarantee you will respond to this post in under 3
hours. Hell, I'd be surprised if it takes longer than 30
minutes. If I really wanted to, I could make this little
side topic go on forever, because you are a complete moron
who just has to respond to anything written about or to you,
even if it just means repeating yourself." 1 Feb 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/3712090033411605

17- Chance Furlong: "HPT, Wally, Sandman, C Lund, Steve
Carroll and Tim Adams are not trolls and do not troll. You,
on the other hand, are a troll." 27 Aug 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/28c267f26965b43f

18- Chris Ahlstrom (COLA): "I try to go more by the contents
of the posts. Although some clowns (e.g. Snit) spew out so
much chaff it is not worth the effort." 14 Feb 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8b6a982957c7c9d5

Chris Ahlstrom (COLA): "Actually, many of the advocates are
sick to death of Snit's never-ending puerile blather about
trivialities. The occasional reasonable conversations are
too few and far between." 6 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/811326833ba71864

19- Chris Clement: "ugh....geez man.....let it go" 5 Jul 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/ed093996df6547b2

20- chrisv (cola): "No, she called him 'shit', and rightly so,
for they way he was so ignominiously birthed into a toilet at
the bus depot, and simply refused to die, despite repeated
flushes. It's now far too late to *flush* him, but we can
still *plonk* him..." 12 Sep 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/18099f8aa067f4a5

21- Code Orange: "Then why post it? What need is there for
you to "win" an argument? They don't like you, you don't
like them. Why must you keep this up? What results are you
expecting?"

22- CozmicDebris: "I'm done with your three year old games. The
archives show my answers and your inability to process
them. Keep posting your list and proving that you are an idiot
troll. I will not address it any further- you being too stupid
to realize and accept that is not my problem". 22 Nov 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.cellular.attws/msg/0aa65b7a132dbfe8

23- cshenk: "I happen to believe him over you... and I doubt
I'd be the only person in this ng to do so. You have given
people a lot of 'evidence' that you are dishonest... as
'evidenced' by the quotes list." .... "Why stop with
Jonas? Why not call the entire list of people on your quotes
list 'liars'? After all, they have all labeled you a liar,
troll or worse." 27 Nov 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/909a59de04850ef5

24- Dave Fritzinger: "[snip of stuff I really don't care
to read] Snit, please go away. Get a life, meet a woman, do
something, but please, please, please, GO AWAY!!!!" 2 Jun 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/57bb2fc42ec0f290

25- Dawg Tail: "PC advocates, Mac advocates, Linux
advocates. Almost all of them are making similar claims about
Snit. When you have so many diverse people who share a common
perception where do you think the problem lies? With Snit? Or
almost everyone else? The answer doesn't require an advanced
degree to figure out." 30 Dec 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/73edac32c3ad530b

26- Donald L McDaniel: "Jesus, snit. You're a teacher. I thought
you knew what a metaphor was, and could recognize one when it
was presented to you. I guess I had too much confidence in you."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3254ec7af27bfb0f

27- ed: "snit, you continually amaze me with how much of a liar
and loser you are. you may notice a semi-regular pattern with me
where i stop responding to your posts for stretches at a time,
then start up responding as if you were a normal person. i
suppose it's tough for the magnitude of your 'loserdom'
to stick, so it loses some of it's sharpness when i stop
responding to you. you almost always start responding back
in a semi normal way, but inevitably degenerate. it's once
again that time. i can only ask that you pass my condolences
to your wife and unborn child for having to put up with such
a dishonest fool as yourself. (well, if your wife is a loser
as well, just pass those condolences to the rug-rat to be;
if not, double condolences to her)." 30 Apr 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/71f74dd6d806ce77

28- Edward Stanfield: "Snit thinks the rules that apply to
honest and honorable people apply to him. That is absurd.
He is the biggest liar in Usenet history. Mackay posted the
email to prove Snit was using sock puppets and he still is.
Snit can not give up his socks puppets and shills. They are
the only ones who ever support him." 28 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5b52494d96d12229

29- Edwin: "You've got to be out of your mind, Snit. You're
the worst troll this group has ever seen. You're a liar
and a forger, and you've almost destroyed this group
single-handedly. For you to post a list of out of context
arguments, and lies, and forgeries about your enemies labled
as a "peace effort" has to be one of the craziest stunts you've
pulled. It's all about your sick need for attention, your need
to be center stage at all times. You'd publicly eat dog turd
if you thought it would make people look at you." 18 May 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/37e4a720619642a0

30- Elijah Baley: "Seriously, Snit, you need psychiatric
help. Go see a doctor." 24 Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/6f6c88356b54fc15

31- Elizabot v2.0.2: "I see you were unable to respond to
the points in my post and you are back to your repetitious
regurgitation mode. How childishly typical of you, Snit."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/55214ccfb7414fe5

32- Fa-groon: "I don't read Snit period. He's been killfiled
since the first day I posted here. [....] I don't want to 'do
like Snit'. As far as I'm concerned, Snit doesn't even exist."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/dcfbff305ba8b7f0

33- fibercut: "That is the problem. In the years I have been
coming to CSMA I have seen in the past year a real hatred among
people, besides the typical Mac vs. Windows typical argument. I
feel that it is like being in a room of really young children
trying there best to best the other person. The one common
thing among all of this seems to be you. I hate to be like
this, but facts are facts. You seem to be in the middle of a
great percentage of arguments. CSMA has become less about Macs
and more about "look everybody, I think he lied". Is there no
end then all this picking at each other on such a personal
level. CSMA has always been al little adversarial but you
have personally crank it up to the point that this place is
no longer fun. Congratulations on stopping CSMA and making
this place your own personal circus." 12 Jan 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/bbe695bbc3424ab6

34- Geezer: Snit: "Steve Carroll has no sense of morality"
Geezer: "Whined the guy who cannot directly address those
who uncover his lies and deceit;)" Snit: "and no clue about
the law." Geezer: 'Said the guy who believes his unsupported
opinions are "proof". LOL! (snip more of Snit's unsupported
lies)' 1 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d0517ced5134934d

35- Geoff M. Fitton (COLA): "The Prescott Computer Guy *still*
showing how stupid he is... What a mar00n". 30 Aug 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f9401b4b57c59865

36- George Graves: "Jason. You have started an argument with
the Snit (AKA Michael Glasser), this should not be done. He
will drive you crazy with his twisted logic, his deep-rooted
need to be ALWAYS right at any cost. He will move goalposts,
set up strawmen, and bore you into submission with his endless
pedanticism. The only way to engage him is to hit and run. NEVER
engage him, it's a futile, empty procedure that will only anger
you and feed him. Take my advice and STAY AWAY!" 27 Oct 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3d3af33ce25a11fd

37- gimme_this_gimme_that: "Hitting the vodka tonight Snit?"

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b457a7b378264794

38- Glenn Hall (COLA): "That person is like a constantly running
toilet that won't stop. Does he ever stop talking about UI
consistency? No matter what anyone replies, he adds a few more
branches to the spider web as it grows and grows. It's a waste
of time." 31 Oct 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/c8dd8a244fe1eb2c

39- Greycloud: "You really shouldn't lie like that. Everyone
else notices that you are not honest and you have no honor."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3b92f11a1ab00f91

40- H: "Your crappy posts are still showing up in seperate
threads, are you doing this on purpose to piss people off? I
dont ever censor people cause that's just retarded but if you
dont fix it I'm gonna have to cause I dont wanna see your name
40 times in a row. So uh, change your client or something".

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/f36ee6b458c86499

41- Hadron (COLA): "Would you please stop the whining. FFS he
has you jumping to his every post. How many more fucking times
are you going to post the same repetitive garbage? Please ..at
least change the record sometimes!!!!!!!" 13 Aug 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/1e0ecbb776623473

41- Hadron (COLA): "I'm not coming to the rescue of anyone. I
have Snit killfiled for his repeated reposts of the same text
time and time again." 24 Aug 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e99833d90612ee35

41- Hadron (COLA): Snit: "Anyone who denies this is a part of
the herd. Period. This is a simple black and white issue where
there is no middle ground - anyone who lies to defend Stallman's
repulsive support of child abuse *is* a part of the herd."
Hadron: "Constantly posting this dirge about Stallman and his
views is about to get you back in the killfile. Stop it. Its
repulsive and vindictive on your part." 25 Sep 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/6be2e85c701763a7

42- Henry Flam: "You on the other hand must be a deeply
troubled individual who has a fragile ego. I needn't agree
nor disagree with the points above. I don't care about
them. Your constant complaints, whines, rages, etc., wars
with the regular Mac advocates, whom you mislabel as trolls,
arise from your sense that any conversation or thread must
orbit around you. People have pointed that out to you but you
don't accept that. Snit I feel sorry for you. Please go and
see a doctor about your solipsism. There must be a cure for
you deep psychological travail." 18 Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b9bb48e6e6da75c8

43- Heywood Mogroot: "*plonk*" Aug 19 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d8afd909a308b97f

44- -hh: 'Perversion has utterly nothing to do with the
definition of "synonymous". It is, however, a very clear
example of how you attempt to maliciously debase against anyone
who disagrees with you. As such, I consider this to be a
purposeful attempt by you to try to libel me. This is your only
warning to consider rescinding your remark, with the reminder
that you, and you alone are responsible for that accusation,
both in the ethical as well as the full legal meaning of the
word "responsible".' 25 Feb 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5496641a3426293a

45- High Plains Thumper: "Agreed except for Snit and socks (Joe
Crump and ad nauseum). I've got Snit kill binned, because he
is the classic ad hominem troll. At first he seems reasonable,
but then it always degrades into name calling bullying, the
responder is a liar, etc. AKA the Snit Circus of Pathological
Lies. Perhaps the times he seems reasonable are when he is
properly controlled by medication." 21 Sep 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/249a598ec5aafe85

46- Homer (COLA): "I don't mean this as a personal insult,
but I'm perfectly serious when I say 'Snit' (Michael Glasser)
is obviously mentally ill, and needs help. I was going to
suggest that someone alerts his wife to the problem, but I
have to assume she's already aware of his condition, if she
is in fact still living with him. It's possible, I suppose,
that he's already undergoing counselling and/or on medication,
but if he is then it doesn't seem to be helping much. Maybe he
just missed his 'meds' today (again, I mean that sincerely)."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e061874ea94e9ce8

Homer: "Word of advice for anyone concerned: don't be tempted
to get drawn into a Snit circus, it's literally a waste of
time. He's just an attention seeker who'll keep stringing you
along, in a never-ending circle of obtuse questions, for which
he has no genuine interest in the answers." 14 Oct 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0d06eb2e900e3058

47- hophead: "I have been reading and occasionally posting
to CSMA for a long time now, since 1995 at least. There have
always been trolls and morons, but I've never seen anything
quite so disruptive as the Snit circus. Snit will *never*
back down or stop, and neither will most of his opponents.
A good kill file is your only hope." 20 Aug 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3161a78667e299eb

48- Jamie Hart (cola): "It seems that since you are unable
to offer support for your statements, you're reduced to
personal attacks on me. Incidentally, anyone reading this
post can see that I have offered no straw men, and have only
asked you to explain how the things you state as facts can
be true. I'm really sorry that you're taking this attitude,
the topic is an interesting one and I thought you might have
some insights. I've snipped the rest, since you dislike long
posts and avoid answering any of the questions I asked by
saying everything was just repeated." 6 Dec 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/8e07cde31f4eecf6

49- Jason McNorton: "You're one of the many, many paranoid
people on usenet that should be confined most likely. You
sit there and refresh your screen endlessly. You post the
same nonsense over and over. Either you're a super troll,
or you're a super mess." 1 Nov 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7a8e091c0b248eb0

50- JEDIDIAH (cola): "You're simply full of shit." 27 Feb 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cdddf5fd04d9afcb

51- Jeff B.: "Yo, Snit. We're not pals. I think you're a git."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/0ec649345d433a2d

52- Jeff Hoppe: "This is a Macintosh Advocacy newsgroup. Not
a 12-step recovery plan. Your medical problems or conditions
won't help me achieve a greater understanding of my Mac. In
fact, it detracts from it and those kinds of discussions have
no place in a newsgroup such as this." 18 Nov 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/947a2cc0301a2862

53- Jesus: "Really, Snit. It's annoying. What are you
accomplishing besides being annoying? Is that your goal?"

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/e3d5029d34cde243

54- Jim Lee Jr.: "Snit, read the thread's title, is Bush
mentioned in it? You (and Carroll) ought to learn to stay on
topic and not hijack threads."

55- Jim Polaski: "Why is it that nearly every thread you're
involved in seems like it turns into some tit-for-tat, dozens
of responses to OT things and garbage? Cmon there Snit. Someone
has to take the lead and stop this crap. Try. How about it?"

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5b5c22490ab9649b

56- Jim Richardson (cola): "And yet again, Snit runs away,
rather than actually provide evidence for his claims. Par for
the course I suppose."

"Evasion noted. Snit runs away again rather than produce
evidence for his claims. At least come up with some
original insults Snit! I mean, you *are* capable of original
thoughts! Right? Snit?" 8 Feb 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e33321cc3343fc44

57- Joey Jojo Junior Shabadoo: "and Snithead has even farther to
fall - in a few weeks he'll be out on the street after midnight,
yelling at passersby 'sucky sucky, $2...'" 23 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/57cf69f66571a5a7

58- John C. Randolph: "You're nothing but a troll yourself. What
are you bitching about?" 1 Dec 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/12ba528be5ad2665

59- JohnOfArc (cola): "I'm not sure "troll" does it justice-
more like a black hole! But hey, if we all promise to never
again even entertain an unkind thought re Apple, will you take
it back and lock it up? Please??" 11 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/e2891b1f3984e121

60- John Q. Public: "I have not been bothered to read Snit's
postings since I figured out who he is. I don't bother to
filter his posts, I just consider the source and skip to the
next one when I see his name." 7 Jan 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7d34c1bd05c877d2

61- John Slade: "I don't get posts from Snit. I wouldn't be
shocked that he has some kind of disorder. He made up stuff
about being a computer repairman and teacher. He's just plain
loony and best ignored. Let him deal with his disorder by
medication. He's here to do one thing, get attention from
people. He says the crazy stuff just to get a reaction.
You say you like to beat him over the head. Well that's what
he's counting on, he says stuff he knows isn't true in hopes
to get a rise out of people like you. Ignore him, you won't
regret it." 3 Apr 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/394a53a65c28d314

John Slade: "Snit, you have a enough problems as it is without
adding drinking booze to the list. How the hell did you manage
to get out of my killfile? Oh well back into the cage you
go, PLONK." 13 Oct 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.food.wine/msg/992a796786a541d8

62- Josh McKee: "I have no strawman so therefore it has to be in
your mind. .... What is obnoxious are your posts." 26 Jul 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3665b9e002d27c44

63- K E: "I haven't read this board for awhile but I see that
even though the trolls still roam free at least the worst troll
of the lot is mostly being ignored by readers on this bb. If
the few stragglers that keep replying to him would just stop
responding to Snit at all this place could be worth coming back
to. There's a good chance he'll pack up and take his trolling
to more fertile ground." 22 Oct 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/0b9dca7df1f677f4

64- KK: 'Whoa there, ad hominem man. You started off your
sentence with "Ah" like you'd just realized something profound.'

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.howard-stern/msg/6a89029a5b5be5f8

65- Kelsey Bjarnason (cola): "Funny how you simply don't bother
reading the posts that rip your entire thesis to bleeding
gobbets of putrid excrescence. Maybe some day you'll learn how
to support your position, instead of sticking your fingers in
your ears and humming, hoping it'll all go away." 7 Mar 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/96d064a7a5c6074a

66- Ku Karlovsky (cola): "You repeatedly chastise others for
ad hominem attacks while in the same sentence make your own
ad hominem attacks. You make silly claims and then avoid the
subject of your silliness. You're a liar and a hypocrite and
you always have been." 14 Jul 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d1e3f9ac5c72c6ee

67- Lars Trager: "Yes, you are stupid." 7 Jan 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/a9bedf6689f9a54f

68- Lawrence D'Oliveiro (COLA): "You seem to be full of
complaints about your inability to hold up your end of the
argument, aren't you?" 6 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8ca5f48099696228

69- Lefty Bigfoot: "Okay, I tried to put up with it for a long
time, but the few times you post something worth reading just
aren't worth it anymore. *plonk*" 16 Dec 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5520adae01120e83

70- Liam Slider (cola): "Maybe he's responding to the fact
you've been an annoying little fuckwit lately. You started out
with the pretense of trying to be fair, but lately all there
is from you in COLA is trashtalk about Linux and you acting
every bit the troll." 16 Jul 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/ad7d6c42c5e4cf2f

71-libcrushersmith: "Snit also thinks Dan Rather still anchors
CBS News and that Gitmo terrorists are innocent! Any time
Snit is cornered, he changes the subject and will never admit
he's wrong." 28 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/fbc516717f3b7ccf

72- libsnightmare: "You're a sore loser who has resorted to
fifth grade tactics. How fucking sad - all this clown has left
is to edit posts and post fake bullshit. You can't debate... so
you lie. Once again, you have proved Steve Carroll right about
you. Sad..." 4 May 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/a80c93f80bd6bc3e

73- Linonut (cola): "Snit may be the first retraction of my
general killfile amnesty. The volume of cavilling, whining,
foot-stomping, back-tracking, goal-post shifting, and petulance
generated by that effete candy-ass beggars belief". 30 Aug 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/cc4827fd7e8ad574

74- Lloyd Parsons: "Well, I don't know if Oxford is the most
cretinous, I would think that would be reserved for Snit! ;-)"

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/b6cd3ac4bf1e08d6

75- Lewis: "hasn't this fight been going on for like 8 years
now? I don't think anything is ever going to fix snit."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/98ef8bca6b3a9b34

76- Lusotec (COLA): "You can't resist being a liar, it is
pathological, just like you can't resist trolling these forums
day after day, week after week, month after month, year after
year, decade after decade. A pathetic waste of life."
Jun 20 2012

https://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/b3d29c146414f077

77- Marious Barrier (COLA): "I must recognize that it is the
first time I see that kind of troll, once that start asking
moderately serious questions and since the first answer,
gradually starts to degenerate it by, in many failed attempts of
being sarcastic, inserting various indirect insults and calling
all people ignorant and unable to answer what he asks for."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/c6607ea64f436821

78- Mark Kent (cola): "The problem with someone like Mr Glasser
is the same as it is with Mr Wong, even if he were to be honest
now, it would be impossible to determine where the honesty
starts and the usual dishonesty ends. In my primary school,
one of the teachers was very keen on proverbs, and I recall her
going over the "cry wolf" story. Mr Glasser could "cry wolf"
over and over now, and I would not come to help him with his
sheep, because I do not know any way of determining if he's
ever telling the truth, or indeed, if he ever has." 2 Dec 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3f30aa1b65a972b3

79- Marti Van Lin (COLA): "I paid enough attention to Snit
IMHO. I killfiled him the very first month I started lurking
COLA. I find his nitpicking and immature behavior extremely
annoying. I am not going to torture myself reading his
bullshit. Snit is also a proven liar. Remember his retarded
exif debacle." 08 Jul 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d12622df3671359b

80- Mayor of R'lyeh: "The fact is that he's probably pulling it
to this post since its all about him and he managed to make me
think about him today. A friend of mine has a toddler. I went
over to her house and videotaped her kid doing a bunch of cute
toddler stuff then burned a DVD of it for her. While we were
watching the DVD her kid got mad. He got mad because we quit
making him the center of attention and made that kid on the tv
the center of attention. He even ran up to the tv and tried to
block our view of it. That's how Snit lives his whole life."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/9935f4154d5a290b

81- McGarnagle: "And you know when Snit is endorsed by two of
the biggest nutjobs in AGA - RichL and El Kabong - you know
he's not very bright and a loon." 31 Oct 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.guitar.amps/msg/e60a33341bff1309

82- Michelle Ronn: "The real topic here is that one someone
refutes your 'facts', you run away and ignore them. Refuting
your 'facts' is easily done in this case. I did it, and you
ignored it." 9 Feb 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c050c82720737b32

83- Mike: "Nonsense. I never see you "advocate" anything. All
I see you doing is engage in endless semantic arguments with
everyone. You're the TholenBot of CSMA. BTW, that's *not*
a compliment!" 8 Jul 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7c5b72d70b87ffbd

84- Mike Dee: "I will no longer accuse you of lying
here. Instead I can only say that you are a complete and
delusional kook that happens to inhabit CSMA for the time
being. That you are unaware of how deranged you actually behave
further reinforces this notion. Please seek professional help."

"The point that keeps whooshing over your head Snit, is Elizabot
made no threat to you before you went to the police. She
made a promise. Admittedly, to your delusional spaced out
paranoiac view point, Elizabot was suddenly "threatening"
to you. In so much as you had to take your kooky self down to
your local police shop and blub on their shoulders about how
much in danger you were in [sob, whine], and they had to waste
valuable policing time consoling you over your stupidity. I
bet they have Kook with a capital "K" written at the top of
your profile, Snit." 2 Sep 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/9cf45bc88a324f40

85- mmoore321: "Snit is a human car-accident and we are
all rubbernecking. We know it is bad form, but yet strangely
curious. Treat him the same way, look but just keep moving on."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/f1c3041d89504c07

86- Mojo: "Actually, these facts piss everybody off because
they are off-topic, unnecessarily confrontational, extremely
boring and clearly show that you are crying out for attention."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/a38f07b9a4811a80

87- Mr. Blonde: "Lastly, I can't help but comment on the fact
that your obsession with Sandman has actually grown since
you claimed to KF him. Killfilling someone generally implies
you're ignoring that person, yet you piggyback onto virtually
every reply to him here and and check his website's validation
status more often than most people check their e-mail. These are
not the actions of a mentally balanced individual." 19 Jan 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/2b005666ab303e2b

88- MR_ED_of_Course: "Seriously, spend half a day at any
pre-school or kindergarten and see if the kids there can't
teach you a thing or two about social behavior." 16 May 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/55c03a6a0b7813a4

89- Muahman: "Ahhhh shit, another thread lost to the Snit
retard circus!!! I actually dread seeing Snit reply to a
thread because that automatically means it's in the toilet."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/92e776d521dfa701

90- Mutley (AUK): "For the record ... I'll be done when I
decide that there's more shit on your face than there is on
the sole of my shoe." 01 Nov 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/1802ad3aa000098b

91- Nashton/Nasht0n: "Oh for crying out loud, if I wasn't
convinced that snit is a total loser, and I rarely call
people losers, I certainly am now. Why bother responding to
his stupidities anyway?" 29 Nov 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/be1a326a81441508

92- nessuno (COLA): Chris Ahlstrom: "Have you ever noticed that
threads involving Snit, [...] are a basically a waste of time?
nessuno: "Yep. I don't read them." 29 May 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/2f997598f0e25f9d

93- New Bee: "Honest and honorable? You? You've either got
a wry sense of humor, or you're completely nuts. Either way
you're just a waste of time, and you've done more than anybody
to make this group a cesspool. Then you revel in wallowing
in your own filth." 14 May 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/2856277b085d0274

94- none of your buisiness (COLA): "I am sorry, but I am going
to have to send you to the bin. You're perpetrating the Snit
circus by responding to all of his assinine posts. He is only
here for one reason, to disrupt this group, & you are helping
him, as well as flatfish." 04 Jan 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/a9b40ce46612fdc4

95- Not Important: "I get this mental image of you and a sibling
as children in the back seat of the family car saying: Mom,
'snits' touching me ... and you responding much as you do now
... I'm not touching you, you're touching me! The problem is
that by now you should've grown out of that type of poke and
complain interaction with others. But, of course, you've haven't
learned how to interact with others in a more 'constructive'
and mutually beneficial manner even now." 03 Jul 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d16279e9003ca8f4

96- notlisted (COLA): "I actually like Apple. But I see you as
an asshole who spends an embarassing percentage of your life
posting derogatory comments about a computer operating system
you obviously detest, and insulting those who defend it in a
newsgroup dedicated its advocacy. That's almost the definition
of being an asshole, and you have half a dozen buddies who
do the same thing. You excuse what you do by pretending that
you're merely pointing out problems in the hope that the system
will be improved, but that's an obvious lie whether it's you
saying it or one of your buds. You do it because you enjoy
the feeling it gives you, whatever that is." 07 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/90b57eaa796e8b14

97- OldCSMAer: "What's he been doing? Am I going to be sorry
I killfiled him?" 27 Nov 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/23b808d9646cd257

98- OldSage: "What drives me nuts is your unrelenting ability
and desire to argue on the head of a pin about the most trivial
of things." 2 Oct 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/88457f8e7c25273e

99- Oxford: "If you are using MT-Newswatcher: Select offending
Author, example Snit... Go to the Filters Menu, Choose 'Kill
this Author' Click 'OK' Then Repeat with each annoying Author
of your choice. Then to see your work... Choose the Filter
Menu again, Then 'Refilter Articles'... Bam! No more boring,
pointless bickering about nothing. Enjoy!!!!!" 14 Aug 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/1d7f9181e95ed9ec

100- Owl (COLA): "You have interacted with me often enough
to know that I never initiate personal attacks. I generally
respond in kind. It is you who usually fall off the civility
wagon first, with your ironically condescending canned
shine a spotlight on the desperation that you are so fearful
of projecting." 5 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8debf93e05da4d26

Owl (COLA): "You are a complete idiot and extremely dishonest.
Consider yourself permanently plonked." 29 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ba7797c5108b3c10

101- Patrick Nihill: "I mean, honestly, who would you rather
discuss something with; Dan, or someone like Zara? Or,
for that matter, Snit, for whom the work 'troll' seems so
painfully inadequate?" 13 Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/f93db68e683ad769

102- Pawel Wojciak: "Jesus Christ, snit... " 27 Jun 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/93afdfea4d4f491a

103- PC Guy: "Forget it Snit, you're a waste of time. For
someone who talks about everyone else not being "honest and
honorable" you appear to be the least honest and honorable of
anyone here." 22 Apr 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/36bf51df2a2662a4

104- Peter: "I've never felt the need to use the filters in
Newswatcher but I thought Id try the Kill this Author.. option
with Snit. Ten seconds later and he's gone! Amazing." 30 Dec 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/011eef01d7bcd56c

105- Peter Bjorn Perlso: "Plonked for 60 days. Now stfu and take
your argument with sandman into the private room." 13 Dec 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/ae4651ec99be3c77

106- Peter Hayes: "True, but that removes Snit completely,
and someti... err..... occasiona.... errrrr..... once in a
blue moon he has something useful to say." 20 Mar 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/8a31a47e26c5f5b7

107- Peter Jensen (cola): "Where has he ever said that
they were not different windowing environments? Message-ID,
please. Experience has told me not to trust you on anything
without backing evidence." 30 Jun 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cfd5de2006d42fdc

108- Peter Kohlmann (cola): "Snot Glasser is invading this
group with his inane drivel, so he has to bear what people
think about that dishonest retard. And just for the record:
You *are* a Glasser sock" 30 Jan 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f3166f6fda92641b

109- PeterBP: "Oh will you stfu". 30 Mar 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3e88e9a86cb5483e

110- Phil Earnhardt: "You're only interested in trying to get
superficial snipes and extrapolate inappropriate conclusions."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/ad24a97d5dc86277

111- Rapskat (cola): "For instance, your sig you reference
a long standing war you have going with some person from
csma. It's like you single out persons to target your attentions
upon and then continuously berate them with constant barbs
and goads to perpetuate their acrimonious responses, which in
turn you respond in kind, etc. ad infinitum. Above all things,
your affinity for Macs and your overbearing pompous nature
aside, this is what convinces me that your primary purpose
for frequenting this and other groups is to troll." 07 Sep 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/a09c6b8e3e63f42d

112- RichardK: "Just killfile him already." 20 Jun 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/1c9e7ded2e95a582

113- Rick (cola): "Snit, you are a liar. And an ignorant
one. You trash people that are trying their level best to
cope with a horrendous situation. And you do it without the
slightest idea of what is going on." 06 Sep 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/fcad2955ac5cb03b

114- Rick G.: "Just to be plain here, I have no doubt that he is
a troll. I am tolerant of his nature, not blind to it. However,
as a troll, he is ... somewhat clumsy." 22 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/198b88e3d0064a92

115- Robert F.: "Um, perhaps you misunderstand. I don't care
if you quote Mayor McCheese claiming the Earth is a flat plate
perched on the shell of a tortoise, I was merely pointing out
that you run the risk of looking ridiculous when you quote
something patently stupid. If that's your goal, you're on the
right track, and more power to you." 11 Jan 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/4dc22433eae8803d

116- RonB (COLA): "Snit is a crank fixated on one issue,
who's thing is twisting your words so he can win an argument
against a straw man. That's enough to killfile him." 1 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/ce8550d4cc5b1b42

RonB: (COLA): "Why do you bother responding to Snit? He makes
no point, he simply gainsays whatever you say. Just another
version of Hadron's 'you're a liar' mantra, which is about
all he can muster nowadays." 27 May 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/279210dd877d7aa0

RonB (COLA): "Original subject line now killfiled. You can
only talk about the freaking clipboard for so many million
freaking messages. As I said, Snit has no common-sense, STOP
mechanism. He's a mechanically obsessive super crank and will
go on forever. I'm not kidding about this, he will *NEVER*
*ever* stop." 6 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0df1e0164a8b586e

117- Rotten Apple: "You make trolls like me look like choir
boys." 14 Sep 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7a92988bcbce8fdb

118- Roy Culley (cola): "You appear to be in the latter
category. Starting crossposted threads for the simple purpose
of hoping to generate a flame war. If you truly want to learn
more about Linux and how it can help you and your supposed
users why aren't you requesting help from a more technical
Linux newsgroup than an advocacy group? As the old saying goes,
those who can do, those who can't teach. Your posts seem to
confirm that saying IMHO." 12 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d521a80051e24d08

119- S'mee (Keith, rec.motorcycles): "Liar...forger and
worthless. You must be related to our resident racist troll,
he lies as much as you." 29 Dec 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ab08c00330c8b58d

120- Sandman: "He is by far the most killfiled person in the
-HISTORY- of csma. I've never seen someone so disliked, almost
hated, in a news group before. He has the ability to turn just
about any person against him in just a few posts. On usenet,
trolls do this daily, but the funny part with Michael is that
I actually think he DOESN'T consider himself be a troll -
damn what -EVERYONE ELSE- is calling him. Obviously they
are wrong. Only Tholen himself can match this behaviour."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/51c0735c774215c2

121- sav: "You really need to take a rest somewhere
nice. Honestly, even the nutters who hang out down on Brighton
seafront made more sense than this. You been doing drugs
or something?" 25 May 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/1b251baa5c641370

122- Sean Burke: If you're dumb enough to respond to snit,
you're probably dumb enough to click on a spam attachment that
promises to remove smut from your harddrive." 21 Jan 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/e166032d8959c0e1

123- Sermo Malifer (COLA): Snit: "Why do so many people in
COLA argue *against* me..." Sermo Malifer: "Because you're a
narcissistic troll who posts trash just to get people talking
about you." 21 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5ddf14f502e9b3f1

124- spike1: "As for the original post, there's plenty of reason
thought and criteria. The reason is snit's here. The thought is
probably to show everyone here just how bad a troll snit is."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/c797d640e3b9fc12

125- ShutterBugz: "so snit-zel has some kind of problem
expressing anger, i guess. he has to vent his frustrations in
other ways. and he thinks he's making sense: well the syntax is
there and he figures he's pretty smart. indeed, he tells us,
he's done the personality tests and the iq tests and he's
okay! aaaaahhhhh, you see he's soooooooo well adjusted."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7f9fa1cf90490298

126- Steel (COLA): "You may not like the game, but nevertheless,
it's just a game. You play a game yourself don't kid yourself."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/be1f49165984c350

127- Steve Carroll: "Snit isn't much more than a one trick
pony and not telling the whole story is one of his two main
tricks. His other main trick is to outright lie. Sprinkle in
a bit of denial and you've gone a long way towards defining
his MO. The idea that Snit admits to his errors is one of
the biggest jokes on usenet." 28 Feb 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/0cc84ece10726aac

128- Steve Mackay: "Just killfile Snit, the dishonest piece
of elephant dung, and all would go away. Sure, I got caught up
in the "Snit Circus", but then the cotton candy began to sour,
and CSMA begun to smell like elephant dung." 18 Aug 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/9fc11094133dfcdf

129- Steven de Mena: "Sorry, you have now lost all credibility
with me for your rediculous argument regarding this."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/1c8777d39c34e293

130- Steve Travis: "Oh oh... Now look what we've done. Snit
has lost all self respect and has sunk to the point of using
words like 'asses' when referring to others. Oh, how could
the morally superior snit have fallen so low.. Please take a
moment out of your busy schedule to feel embarassed for him.
Or perhaps we should set up a fund to get him more happy glue
(and the appropriate plastic bags)." 27 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3edd9ab69425a6c5

131- Stuart Krivis: "You might as well just give up and plonk
him then. A snit is a snit is a snit and always will be."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5b382420a696f140

132- Tattoo Vampire (COLA): "In other words, in another
attempt to troll, you made yourself look like a fool. Again".

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b2676d3540e09f38

133- thanatoid: "Is business/personal life/etc. SO bad that you
had to create Snit? I really thought higher of you until Snit
came in here, in fact I find your site very nice and wish there
was a shop like yours where I live (well, I /think/...) Or is
Snit really just someone whose HD you accidentally wiped? Either
way, it seems to have created a lot of, for lack of a better
word, unpleasantness - just from looking at today's headers."

http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/msg/1c43a7415c97bfa1

134- The Lost Packet (COLA): "well, he's found a seat in my
killbin, I can't be doing with him." 27 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/2007526a552b3322

135- TheLetterK: "That is merely your perception, Shit. You're
the one lacking counter evidence, and your arguments basically
amount to "I'm right, nya nya nya." No matter how many examples
someone points at to demonstrate their claim, you blindly
continue to insist that they provide no evidence, or that
the evidence given is irrelevant. Worse still, you fall back
on straw men and disingenuous quote mangling to portray the
argument in your favor. You are one of the worst trolls that
inhabit CSMA, Shit. *Edwin* is more prone to fits of reason
than you are." 23 Sep 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d488596b57132124

136- Thufir: "You can "prove" that no one has disproved your
"proof"? Again, your assertion that no one has done so is
even *less* convincing than your claim that some PDF "proves"
whatever point you're trying to make precisely because I'm
familiar with your MO. That is, you're a dumb-ass who would
claim that that something is proved when it's not, and who
would ignore counter-examples disproving your contention. I
don't know what this *ages old* thread is about, but I know
that you're full of shit." 21 Aug 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5114623055c01092

137-Tim Adams: "I'd kill file you but then I'd miss the fun. you
see, you never cease to amaze me at just how stupid you really
are. Why just the other day I had a great laugh when I saw you,
the king of liars (in this NG anyway) calling somebody else
a liar." 13 Nov 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/40c7f9407179ff2a

138- Tim Crowley: "I don't know - I think you might have more
compassion. Snit is sick. He needs help. This is the only way
the poor sick fool can get attention. My fucking God, he's
taken to hanging out with and supporting racist pig fuckers
like MuahMuah. It is true that no-one likes him and those that
pretend they do are just using him or don't know him - but
come on- it's not his fault. He's sick. Have some compassion,
eh? All these idiot trolls, Zara, Stew, Tommy, MuaaaahMuaaah,
and Snit - they are all so alike. I pity each and every one
of them" 19 Apr 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/67f0f174110bfa0a

139- Tim Smith: "No, he didn't, and there is no reasonable way
you could actually believe he lied. You are purely trying to
troll here." 14 Apr 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/6e3cfd9240ac4871

140- Timberwoof: "Plonk, Snit." 23 Apr 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/40c8df070c3e776c

141- tom_elam: "Killfile Steve C. and Snit" 07 Jul 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b50d0c973d21d995

142- TomB (COLA): "No Snit, you were flat out lying in an
attempt to make me look bad. Do you really have to sink to
that level in order to 'be right'? If so, you're pathetic. And
I don't say this because I like to say it." 07 Feb 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/43263f575ac40353

143- Tom Bates: "Do you have to turn any thread you post in
into one of your Circus acts?" 20 Feb 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/25f0e481b605e71f

144- Tommy: "In case you did not get it, I think the moral was:
Stop polluting the world with your infantile and obsessive
"writings". You give Mac advocacy a bad name. If that was your
goal you have succeeded! That also goes for all that bullshit
on your website" 11 Jun 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/03610d2080321d33

145- Tony(UK) (COLA): "Your email address in your headers just
about sums the Linux world up. Nothing to do with the OS, it
is the *uckwits involved in the whole arena and have posted
before on this. If in doubt, deride, insult and attack. Look
inwardly carefully before judging me." 10 Dec 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/533042ed18cefba3

146- TravelinMan: "I still can't figure out what's wrong with
Snit. Most people have him kill-filed and the few who don't
mostly restrict their responses to 'why don't you go away,
no one wants you here'. Just what would keep someone in this
group with all of that animosity? Must be some kind of severe
mental illness." 17 Mar 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/45197fbb46d491df

147- Wally: "Because by your own admission "honor and honesty"
are nothing more than a "game" to you, as such not only do you
wish to define the rules, but no doubt you will also attempt
to alter or bend the rules when inevitably things do not go to
your liking, for this reason I doubt anyone would be foolish
enough to play your game." 16 May 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b9b3ed1ee20e5220

148- White Spirit (COLA): "Snit deserves a good beat-down,
Rodney King style. I have had to plonk the worthless piece of
Snit to prevent my monitor being defiled with the presence of
his idiotic, narcissistic tripe." 24 Aug 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/2e3adbaae4bfb91d

149- WhoMe: "F michael IS a teacher, it's no wonder he's home
more than he's anywhere near a classroom".

150- William Poaster: "Good grief. If anyone's having a
mental breakdown it's the Prescott Computer Guy, Michael Snit
Glasser. What a f#cked up mess he is." 29 Aug 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/914d1e74855fb461

151- William R. Walsh: "Now, if you'll excuse me, and accept my
sincere apologies for this, PLONK! Feel proud about that. You're
the first person to be plonked from my new computer! :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/313c7368f6369c49

152- Woofbert: "*Plonk*" 14 Jun 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/436e6b5333d747e0

153- zara: "Look - I'm not into combing through thousands of
posts, to prove what was said or not said - I leave stuff like
that to people without lives, like Snit. But it is assuredly,
in the record. Ping Snit to do a search - you will flatter him,
and give meaning to his tawdry little life." 25 Oct 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/a1d4fc7120a6a538

154- Zaren Ankleweed: "And with that, Snit goes in the global
killfile. No subject, no author, no nothing. Buh-bye".

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/12f7c34f24d43624

155- Znu: "The Snit Circus has gotten particularly bad as of
late. When I set up my filters to kill all of Snit's posts,
plus direct replies to them (which is how I'm keeping things
from now on), nearly 40% of the most recent 1000 articles in
CSMA go out the window. .... In all, something like 50% of the
traffic in this group is now related to Snit insanity. .... I
killfile Edwin because I don't have a patience to have
discussions with someone who deliberately tries to waste
my time. But watching *other people* tie him knots can be
entertaining. The Snit-related posts are not like this. They
are endless repetitions of the exact same material and/or
arguments dating back *years* about who said what." 20 Apr 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/9244dd79c682b2d6

156- Kari Lane (COLA): "You are pitiful. And a big pain in
the ass. Without you there might be change to get some real
discussion going on about Linux." 27 Aug 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5889b9cdf65c0b44

157- Roy Schestowitz (COLA): "Your neighbour troll has gotten
no attention, so he decided to start spamming our site, having
trolled the IRC channel. He has just posted 7 non-content
self-promotion links in a matter of 5 minute (as comments),
The trolling and stalking elsewhere have verged the pathological
too. S*it Glasser -- see help. You're clearly insane." [...]
"The Prescott Lunattic has just pasted his ENTIRE BLOG into my
blog (as comments). If this is not an UBERTROLL, I don't know
what is. 31 Aug 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/b66f067167d0d36b

157- Roy Schestowitz (COLA): "He is piggy-backing other people's
sites for attention. Frankly, he's the most disgusting form
of troll and no wonder even the Mac forums disowned him. He's
a real-life troll." 31 Aug 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/543bc1b219961b16

158 - 7 (COLA): "You went off topic, run, back down, accepted
you are a HYPOCRITE, trolled, posted net abuse and underlined
your illiterate character, ignored the answer, made false
accusation and trolled again." 23 Nov 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/7a9240935bfd3ffc

159 - DFS (COLA): "About Snit? If so, I was fooled by him for
a long time, too, mostly because I didn't closely read his
threads. I knew he liked to split hairs and argue endlessly,
so I usually glossed over his threads. I didn't realize he
would keep babbling "Support your accusation" even in the face
of direct evidence of his lies. Oh well. I finally decided
to killfile him again (my only entry)." 27 Mar 2012

https://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d5fff469502bc7ba

160 - Torre Starnes (COLA): DFS: "About Snit?" Torre Starnes:
"Yep. I admit I was sucked in. In the dumper....." 27 Mar 2012

https://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/81eabc1a75ff01d2

161 - clogwog (COLA): "This discussion, a very boring one,
is leading nowhere, please try to accept that cc has his
arguments to disagree with you." 31 May 2012

https://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8bc89787876f55a0

162 - Don Zeigler (COLA)

"Hopefully none of Snot's family, friends or business associates
will ever run across this thread archived on Google. It's the
most shining example yet of his obviously unbalanced mental
state. He's told so many whoppers he can't even keep his story
straight." Jan 16 2009

https://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ab7014a465685945

163 - Gregory Shearman (COLA)

"Just killfile the troll, don't engage it." - Oct 13 2010

https://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d0b08a16aeed057f
Gremlin
Language is a virus from outer space. (William S. Burroughs)
David_B
Did you also uninstall the dildo in your arse?
David_B
2020-10-02 20:08:54 UTC
From: David_B <***@n0mail.afraid.org> <-------- *NOT* me!
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop
Subject: Re: Installed Ubuntu (20.04)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 12:57:42 -0700
Post by David_B
Post by Snit
Well, finally got around to installing it Ubuntu 20.04. Did so in a VM
(Parallels). Have not done much with it but it certainly seems fairly quick
and doing my simple folder creation tasks I often do on new distros I ran into
nothing of concern (this suggests at least a decent level of care was taken in
the creation of the product, at least to me).
Anything I should be looking for with it?
Did you also uninstall the dildo in your arse?
OPf course he didn’t. Our David’s head is in the way.